Welcome to COLEUMJ Specimen Database Based on the Coleoptera Collection Preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University !
COLEUMJ is a specimen database of the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University. After the late Professor Tamotsu Ishihara’s assumption of his post at the forerunner of Ehime University (1945), the Ehime Prefectural College of Agriculture and Forestry, successive professors have specialized in taxonomy and have accumulated a vast insect collection. It is composed of about 1,200,000 specimens of Japanese and Southeast Asian insects, with especially rich representation from the Shikoku area and the order Coleoptera. The total number of specimens in COLEUMJ at present is 66,710 (December 20, 2012). Each record consists of 26 items arranged according to the format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF), including scientific name, country, collection locality, collection date, collector, etc. The COLEUMJ is managed by a text database management system SIGMA. The COLEUMJ file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and a Grant-in-Aid for Biodiversity Database from Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi). The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search COLEUMJ database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 26 items.
|1.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|6.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|Date Last Modified||2009/11/04|
|Scientific Name||Halyomorpha picus|
|Basis of Record||S|
|Scientific Name Author||(Fabricius, 1794)|
|Collector||T. Ishihara & T. Edashige|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editors: M. Sakai, S. Hisamatsu, System administrator: H. Inoue, F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the entomology database COLEUMJ.
Inquiries and Comments about COLEUMJ should be the Following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
Japan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)